Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Space Passenger

Yesterday morning the first Iranian-born American woman, Mrs. Ansari left the earth to the International Space Station. She is a co-fonder of Texas Telecom company so she was able to afford 20m$ for this 10 day trip.
Actually up to now, about 200 people have reserved this trip till 2008 and Mrs. Ansari was one of them but because one of the Japanese scientists of Soyuz( the capsule which will carry them to ISS) were not in healthy conditions they replaced him with Mrs.Ansari. Because 2 weeks ago this replacement happened so all the equipments are for that Japanese person even the foods.
Launching Soyuz to ISS (about 400km) will take 2 days long. Because all the measurements should be very exact to not lose the capsule in unlimited space but coming back from ISS will take about 4 hours.
Anyway, this trip is done out of a huge measurements and team-works but there never could be any guarantee that if you leave the earth you will come back again. Its space and have its own probabilities.
As a dream I wish I were in her shoes :D a very adventures trip with not clear future. I wish good luck for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful...I wish I were her but I am not sure if I prefer to have her wealth or her space trip?!!

Unknown said...

So really why you wish you were her if you don't like her trip and wealth?!!!

Anonymous said...

dear somi
I mean that I am not sure if i had her wealth I would choose to go to the a space journey or to find a better way for enjoying my life.