Saturday, February 25, 2012

Maryam Khanum

Maryam Khanum is an old woman who cleans my house every week. She is an honest widow with 3 children and is working for a bout 3 years here.She has my house key and knows when to come and when to go with least interfering in my tasks. Rozana likes her but looks at her as a woman who will put all toys in a basket if they are spread all over the room, so she tries not to do so.
Last week when I saw her working I was ashamed. She is old but needs working and nowadays her eyes don't help her very much. I saw some places which haven't been cleaned but I still like her coming to our house, asking about my uncle health, talking with Rozana, cooking dinner and making tea for afternoons and at the last moment thanking God for the money she earned that day.
Having some people beside is a gift from God and I think Maryam Khanum is one of those gifts...

No comments: