Sunday, June 17, 2012

10th Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary... even now I can remember those days, our first party were held in Mashad, my birth place, and only Mehrdad's brothers and sister and parents came there and then our 2nd one was held in Tehran one week later.
... Ten years ago at this time my grandma and all other families were preparing for some new guests who one of them was going to become my husband in future. They prepared everything, manage for the next day party, carpet my grandma's yard, cook delicious food and gathered there for the ceremony ...Mehrdad's family's flight had 3 hours delay, we went with 5 cars to the airport then came back and went again about 11 PM. When we reached grandma's home it was about 12, everyone were wondering about which one of those men is going to be Somi's husband (Now I know the most generous one is mine)... after meal every one were going to bed but I didn't really blink an eye, all the night I was awake and thinking about almost 3 years of knowing Mehrdad and all the incidents during those years and if my selection is correct or not. The next morning all my families were in EmamReza's shrine to see our religious wedding ceremony. I don't believe in EmamReza nowadays but I like going there again whenever I go to Mashad. Even now I can feel those electricity current between us when Mehrdad took my hand for the first time... After eating breakfast, I went to barbery with my uncle and didn't see Mehrdad till night when he came after me with Vahid & Shohre (my cousins).
...now 10 years have passed, I have Rozana(the gift of my life) and love Mehrdad but with a different look, Now I know him as a man who walked along with me all these years, I know Mehrdad's family better than those years and I'm still missing my brothers whenever we all get together.

Thanks God that gave me this 10 year opportunity for experiencing lots of sweet memories, maybe this 10 year was the best one in my whole life cycle from the point of abilities, maybe the rest is going to be with illnesses and passing away of family members, maybe I never feel the taste of motherhood in the future, maybe I'd not be able to talk to my dearest friend, KhaleSanaz, as easy as before, maybe my collegues who are in my close friend circuit wouldn't be with me again .... and lots of other probabilities. But I'm happy of having this 10 year opportunity and wrote this post for sharing it with you.

Thank you all my kind readers who were available more than 8 years of this 10 year way.

2 comments:

Deep Blue Sea said...

Hi Somi

Congratulations on the 10th. Just wanted to Thank you for sharing with us through this blog.I forgot when I first started to read your blog: I think 2006 maybe.Its a pleasure to follow your blog. I wish you all the best.

Deep Blue Sea

Simon said...

Belated congratulations on your 10th Anniversary. I have not been blogging for ages and will have to spend some time catching up on your blog which is always a pleasure to read.