Thursday, January 07, 2010

17th Of Day (7th of January)

About 50 years ago(more or less), Reza khan, Shah of Iran, pronounced that wearing Hejab is forbidden from that date. He was a follower of Ataturk who was making great changes in traditional Turkish people and ... the story is too long and we all have heard it times and again.

Now I'm living in a country with Islamic governors who made wearing Hejab mandatory for all women. It means that if you don't wear it or if you are not Muslim and shouldn't wear it in you religion, will be punished and don't have any social right because of this rull. It means that we women like weak slaves don't have any selection . Our leaders have thought instead of us and don't see any necessity for hearing us.

I'm wearing Hejab in my own way. It was a path of changes for me. I'm not the same Somi who leaved Mashad years ago. Now I can think about the reasons of what we do and unfortunately these thinkings are changing my ideas. At least I'm sure that I won't force Rosana in the way of her wearings, she should think and choose, she must decide ....

No matter what is my idea about Hejab I'm certainly sure that wearing Hejab mandatory is as bad as unwearing it by force. We are living same as Rezakhan's era but after 50 years which could be a great treasury of improvements.

They made us coming back with our religious believes.

3 comments:

مامان ديبا و پرند said...

سلام دوستم
اميدوارم شرايطي ايجاد بشه كه بچه هامون بتونند خودشون در مورد حجاب تصميم بگيرند.

khalesanaz said...

گهی زین به پشت و گهی پشت به زین!

سمیه said...

i totally agree with you.
there is no value for a chore, value is for choice.

but how sure are you that you will support rosana even if she chooses to wear hijab?

not easy in words.