Thursday, January 26, 2012

GrandMa



Mehrdad's father was in hospital for a week. During this time her mother was alone and last night after lots of demands she accepted to be with us for a night.

Honestly speaking, during all these 9 years of being with her I had bitter and sweet moments, but really those sweet ones are much more than bitter ones, I should confess even those bitter ones are result of my high expectations, although when she is always available and praying for our success it's enough.

I wrote all these lines to say that the old story of general conflicts between bride and mother_in_laws in Iran isn't true in my case.

When she came, I was wondering what to cook, simply she said she wants "Abgoosht", a traditional Iranian food made of meat and potato and peas and beans. It's one of the simplest dish but need every member of family participate in preparing and gathering together.

Rozana was very happy, even she put in order all her toys just for the sake of her. Grandma sat and talked about her younge era and memories of her parents and ...

Rozana was very happy. At 10 when she went to bed and Mehrdad started her night story reading, grandma also went there and participated in some parts. In the morning we all ate breakfast together and then I fetch Rozana to kindergarten, Mehrdad to taxi station, grandma to her house and I went to work.

It was really a great night. I was looking to my father's mother when Mehrdad's mother was there, I felt that current of kind and happy family together, really I came back to my childhood.Even Mehrdad and Rozana were talking the same today.

Thanks God that his father is released now and they are together. These old people are treasures of our lives which unfortunately most of us will found it when it's too late.





1 comment:

مامان دیبا و پرند said...

سلام دوستم
خدا عمر با دوام و با عزت بهشون بده. و سایه شون روی سرتون باشه.