Sunday, March 19, 2006

Good bye 1384

Better to have the last post of the old year in a humor sense.
One of the traditions of the last days of a year is that you should pay Eidi (gift but in money shape) to those workers you deal with like barber, butchery, house worker ,etc.
Two nights ago the man who collects garbage's from the houses doors rang all the belts and asked for his Eidi and of course most of the neighbors give him some money. But surprisingly last night again our doors rang and garbage collector asked for Eidi!!!!!!!!!!!
We found that the night before someone else had collected the money, and now it was very hard to give that poor, old man again the money :D

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I was looking at different blogs and I find yours. I know I am immature in my "world thinking" but I think it's neat that you are from Iran and I, from Canada. I would be so excited to learn more about your culture. I don't know if you'd take the time to email me, but if you'r einterested in sharing about your daily life and how is it in Iran, I'd be delighted! gabeleroux@yahoo.ca