Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wedding Anniversary

6 years ago ,I was sitting with my family and Mehrdad's in my grandma house eating breakfast at this time. I think you are getting confused so let me tell the story from the first:

18th June is the anniversary of my religious wedding in ImamReza's shrine. Because I like to start my common life there so we decided to go to Mashad, doing Aghd( religious wedding) ,then giving a party for my family who are there and then coming back Tehran and repeat that party for friends and Mehrdad's family.
My mother and I went 7 days earlier for arranging all the staff. We reserved the party place, invited guests, ordered fruit and dinner, took time for barberry... and then I was waiting for the day come and tasting the start of new life with a man who had been my friend for more than 4 years but become a possible husband for less than a year.
The night before Mehrdad and his family came Mashad by plane. It had 3 hours delay and we all (I mean 4 cars for bringing them to my grandma's house) went 3 times to the airport till they came. We all were tired ,when reaching home I was laughing looking at my aunts, uncles, cousins and also grandma who were gussing which of those new faces is the coming groom (2 of Mehrdad's brother were also there so everyone were making mistake).
Anyhow, in the soon morning we all waked up and went to the shrine. Actually I hadn't slept for even 1 minute out of my worriness. I was 100% sure about my selection but lots of other things were rushing into my mind. I was deciding for my whole life, this start was the end of my living with my kind parents who were protecting me up to that time. So this big decision was very important and worth mind worriness.
I wore Chador( a black wail which is mandatory for entering in these holy shrines) and went there. Most of my cousins and their children were there. it's a costume in Mashad starting a new life by the side of ImamReza and friends and families of the couples will come to congratulate them there. I changed my black chador with a white one which is the symbol of a bride, using to show that this new life is very clean and starting purely. the religious man started saying the words... my mother was crying and kept Mehrdad's promises for making me a happy life.... the words ends, I said YES and from that moment I become his wife.
Even now I remember that moment very well. I was feeling calm, happy and confident. Was it those cliche sentences effect or that holy environment which gave me that tranquility? I don't know.


Now 6 years has passed and we have dear Rozana with us. I'm happy and sure that my choice was correct.

1 comment:

Sapinud said...

Hey, Happy anniversary! :)