Saturday, July 28, 2007

Father's Day

In my childhood I had a grandfather who was so rich and strong. Most of the people in Mashed know and respect him. He was the symbol of a complete man in my childish mind. Always I think, with being of him our family will never be separated (now I know it was somehow a true story).
He had some gardens in a small village near the town. Most of the farmers fear him because whenever they want to escape from working, he would punish them.
After years when he became about 85 years old, one night he got a mental disease and after that he had to sit down on a wheelchair until his dead, which was about 1 year after it.
We children looked at him but never can solve this question that how our strong heroin is this much weak now who is not able to walk by himself. I think even he felt our feelings because after that night he never went to the village to not let the farmers see him in that situation. He wants to not ruin his nice face for them… and after a year he died.
After his death, my father’s family somehow chattered. We moved to Tehran, my dear aunt faced into those unordinary problems, the unity of family fades … and lots of other matters. We are all family with each other, miss each other, try to solve our problems… but the closeness feeling is never like those nice old days.
Now when I look at back I can understand the necessity of a powerful father in a family. It’s like the base of a ferry, which should be there for having a safe travel, but when it’s there maybe some people don’t remember its values.

Today is called Father’s day in Iran. I think fathers are the bases of family ferry; they should be there in order of having a safe travel for all the members. They should be there to advise we young children for finding prosperity in our lives. They should be available to give us the feeling of protection and security. They should be there as a source of experience and kind advises….
I congratulate it first to my nice dad and then to Mehrdad’s father. This day is only a remembrance of our grandpas and fathers who are always with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI
NICE STORY! I REALLY ENJOYED READING IT. IT SHOULD BE A NICE FEELING TO BE A FATHER SPECIALLY A STRONG ONE!;)
AND STH. ELSE IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE READERS ONLY FOR THE STORIES YOU'VE POST FROM YOUR WORK TABLE NOT THE OTHERS:D

Anonymous said...

the nice and interesting story ...