Thursday, December 21, 2006

Yalda

Tonight is Yalda again... I was reading my last year post about it,very soon one year passed and again its repeating tonight.
I won't say what should we do at this year(if you don't know you can check my posts in December 2005) ,but this year I have a problem.
Its 4 years from Mehrdad and I marriage. The first Yalda night his parents and he came to our home and gave their gifts. Actually its a custom to give the new bride of the family some presents . The 2nd and 3rd years we went to my parents home and celebrated it with them and now its his parents turn.
I know they are very kind and visiting his parents and brothers and sister is a good incident but I'll think about my parents all night...
We are 3 children in our family and now my parents at very soon olding ages are alone. what would be the result of we new generations who want only have 1 or at most 2 children!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Somi,if i was in your shoes , invite my parents and my husband's parents to my house for yalda night.this is better to all of you and .on the other hand your post cause me to think about 20 years later.i have only a son and Ramin and me become alone very soon.what should we do?

Unknown said...

Dear Fattaneh, I thought about your suggestion before but the problem is Mehrdad's brothers and sisters who want to spend that night with their own parents and if I invite them to my house what should they do?!!!

Anonymous said...

and HAPPY YALDA , again ...