Monday, July 07, 2008

The Kite Runner

Yesterday I finished reading a book called "The Kite runner". It was a novel by Khalid Hosseini ,an Afghan writer ,which is the first Afghani's novel translated into English. After all these years it's the FIRST one, I think only this sentence at the beginning of the book shows depth of poverty in this neighbor country of Iran.
We've lived always with afghan's in our streets or working in our homes or sitting under the sun beam waiting for works. Always remember my parents advices to not go near them in avoiding of being stolen by these gygantic creatures.
Now after this story, I feel I've been in the environment of the book, I feel it's not a country called Afghanistan but only a place very near to my land, I feel great sorrow for those people who were involved in an involuntarily permanent fight, I hate that Great Soviet who started this genyside, and I'm sorry that we are living in this much rudeness... When I read the chapters happened during Taliban governing on Kabul and I compare it to the happenings of my own country which is ruled under the religious rulls I can just sigh. We are not at that bad condition but we are suffering from those irrational decisions which are taken with the name of Islam.

I do suggest reading this book, not for having a book to read but to get known to a kind of kind people who are destroyed and they were living happily years ago.

You can read the idea of BBC Persian in it's archive of 2005-06-21 if you like. Also you can read another Persian text here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

سلام عزیزم. مرسی که مثل همیشه به من لطف داشتی. راستی روزانا جون چه ناز و گوگولی شده. ماشالله. خدا حفظش کنه. لپای خوشگلشو از طرف من یه ماچ گنده کن.

Anonymous said...

salam azizam
khoobi !?!? ye soal azat dashtam ... chera englisi minevisi ?!?!?
albate man englisim badak nist va mifahmam ke chi minevisi vali baram jalebe ke bedoonam chera engilisi minevisi ,,, akhe fekr konam ke tehran ham zendegi mikoni na ?!?!?
bebakhshida vali kheili foozoolim gol karde bud .,,.
dar morede afghaniha ham nemidoonam chi begam ...
rozana ro bebus

Anonymous said...

man filmesh ro didam kheyli ghashange.

Anonymous said...

hendiha inja mesle afghanha toye iran hastan. hendiha hame kare an, sakhtemon saz. foroshande. hamal. kargar. khedmatkar. man ham gahi delam barashon misooze. in narahat konande nis., narahat konande midoni chiye? iraniha to kuwait mesle hendiha inja va afghanha to iranan ta jayi ke agar beri bazar o irani harf bezani hame yek joori negahet mikonan!!!!

Anonymous said...

we are certainly no different from them , this book is only a small portion of what is really happening to this people , you can assume how Poverty , ignorance and prejudice will do to any nation .I guess u meant being kidnapped or robbed ? kiss ur little one

Ahmad said...

Hi somi
what is mean gygantic
in second your paragraph?