Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Again Valentine

Tomorrow in the calendar of foreigners( not Iranians) is called Valentine. Last year in this day I talked about the history of calling this day, but now I just want to talk about my experiences while walking in Tajrish or Vanak Squares in Tehran.
The variety of gifts,chocolates and their boxes are really amazing. You can found any kind of chocolate which once a while could be able to taste them when a friend gives you a souvenir from abroad. Now, no matter you are in Iran or any European country they are all at hand but more expensive. The interesting part is the feeling of the youth who try to be a member of this big foreign imported festival by buying some of these gifts and giving them to a so-called love. In the previous years I did it so but now I feel some how foolish in doing it. It doesn't have any root in my culture and is just somehow pretending to be modern.
I don't know about the future, but this year I feel it's not our custom just a way to forget that we have our own nice traditions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Somi

Happy Valentine ...

Happy Sepandarmazgan ...

Anonymous said...

it's really funny to cogratulate sb what (s)he is calling it foolish!!;)