Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Working Women

With the start of the new baby news, I'm hearing some whispers about those kind mothers who are staying at homes for training their children and just for the sake of them have closed their eyes on any job offer. Maybe because the echo of these sounds are repeating in my mind so I decided to extend this subject in one of my posts:
We are living in Iran, in our country the amount of women who are accepted in the universities are more than men but surprisingly job opportunities are always available for men. In my country and the society around me, most of the women are educated but they are called doctor or engineer only at work. I mean by going to work they can remember their action in the society. When they are at home they should only be good wifes, mothers, house keepers,shoppers ,cleaners etc. in short they should be only members of the family who are trying all the day to make a comfortable night for their husbands. Don't blame me, it's run all over I look, in some cases in a moderner manner and in most cases in that cruel traditional way.
Now I'm going to have a baby. If I go to work then it'll be harder for him to adopt with this circumstance but if I stay home then he would be sure that there is always someone available to protect him. I think up to 4 or 5 years it goes in a right way but what will happen next. That little angel has grown up and should go to kindergarten and school. Gradually he separates himself from family and walk into society.
Now imagine the situation of that nice mother, she is old and everyone has forgotten that she was a successful engineer or doctor or ... one day and still she should do house works.
So definitely I think women should work, with or without children. I'm sure one day my son will read these lines and I hope he understand me as a body who is giving him birth and is rightful to be alive.

No comments: